Books Are Dumb. Reviews are dumberer.

I love reading even though I don't seem to have time to do enough of it. Most of what I read is non fiction and can stray towards art books. Generally I just go into one of the many libraries here in San Diego , CA and see what's on the 'New Books' shelf and go from there. If I liked a book I'll tell you why, if I thought it sucked ass, I'll maybe go into why.

June 02, 2006


The Godfather by Mario Puzo. ISBN: 0451167716. Classic. If you haven't read it yet, well you might as well. Kick ass classic book of old school mafia fun (murder, drugs, sex.....all the worthwhile activities) with a touch of social commentary. My only complaint....the book stunk. No I mean literally, it was funky as all hell. I went to Barnes and Noble to buy the paperback and it smelled really bad. Like my hands smelled after handling it. So I didn't buy it and went to a different B & N on the way home. Found more copies there and those reeked too! WTF? Is it too much to ask that a 7.99 paperback doesn't smell weird??? I'm gonna ask penguin books the publisher what is up with that? Are they tring to push audio books or something? I bought it anyway because I really wanted to read it but it pisses me off anyway.  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Raeven said...

I've really been wanting to read this...I just saw the film for the first time. I want in on book reviewing!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click Here to help us find Jennifer Kesse, a beautiful 24 year old woman missing from Orlando Florida since January 24th, 2006.